24.1.08

Hey, there you are!


89/365 Crazy Eye
Originally uploaded by xadrian.
I know, I haven't written in a while. I missed talking about Suzanne Pleshette and Heath Ledger. I missed talking about the historic meeting in Kenya. I missed talking about the tax rebate and the NFL playoffs and the presidential runs and the oscar noms.

To be honest I haven't been doing a whole lot. Lil Miss Austin had a science fair today and the past week has been getting ready for that. (She did a Mentos/Diet Coke volcano and learned what prycolastic means.) Work has been unusually busy and on top of it all my laptop died. I'm making this entry from the ancient Opti GX110 the kids use to get to NickJr.com.

But, I was able to get my eye exam.

One thing I noticed is optometrists make their money from sales of glasses and if you just go in and want an exam it's like going to a car dealership and asking for a bottle of new car smell. I think they realize that people asking for just prescriptions are getting their glasses online.

The doctor was very nice and the exam was quick. They kept asking if I wanted glasses and I kept saying I was just doing some yearly resolutions of having more frequent health check ups and I was in fact off to the dentist tomorrow. Total lie, but I'm sure better than "Oh I think I'll come back for glasses later."

So the next step is to measure this potato I have on my shoulders and send off the Rx and the stats to a glasses place and get some new specs. I'm excited.

I'm also going to be busy lettering a bunch of stuff so there may not be much art going up for a while. I stalled on my sci-fi/fantasy characters and I still have a faerie to do for a friend, but I need to get these commitments done first.

Ah, the life of the hobbyist artist.

Carry on.

No comments: