30.8.07

Long Weekend


Again
Originally uploaded by xadrian.
So Mrs. A is going to Louisiana to get some AP shots and visit some folks she knows so I get the kids till Monday night. That's right, four full days of me and the offspring.

So my first act as reliable dad/husband is to sprain my ankle playing basketball. I play at lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I was just getting back into it after the last time I rolled my fool ankle. I'm super pissed. Playing ball is the one activity I don't think of as working out. I don't think of it as a chore and thus would do it every day if I could and it would undoubtedly be very good for me.

And it's not like I have weak ankles either. In fact, the last time I did this I was able to play another 30 minutes on a swollen ankle before finally giving in. They are hearty stems, I just have bad luck stepping on people's feet. I need better shoes I think.

Any crap, so at least tomorrow I'll be perched in my sittin' chair with this thing propped up just like you see it now, all nestled in Mrs. A's old CryoCuff, the thing she had when her ACL blew. It's a neat contraption. It's basically a two gallon container, like a water jug, with a hose at the bottom. The hose has clip valves and you put the other end in a knee brace that has a bladder. You fill the jug up with ice and a bit of water and then let it drain into the cuff. When the water isn't cold, you let it drain back into the jug to cool off with the ice, rinse and repeat. It's a site better than holding ice cubes in a washrag.

Now my problem is, I had a ton of work I wanted to do this weekend but I'm not sure I'll even be able to draw much as the drawing table is upstairs. I wanted to do LIA strips, robot portraits, more 700 robots and a flushmount for Mrs. A. Well, I've got four days. Bets on what I get done?

Carry on.

No comments: