2.11.04

LMA/Pilgrim '04





Polls are closing, CNN Headlines news has already called it for the challenger.

That's right, you heard it.

Jon Stewart is the next President of the United States. (Man I wish.)

Anyway, get out there. Vote. For those of you who would rather read this blog than actually watch the results, go push a button or punch a card or check a box or toss an onion or whatever it is your polling location does. Just do it. And if you don't, I don't want to hear it from you about how whoever is in charge is screwing everything up. I abstained from voting in 1996, thinking I was exercising my right to vote by not voting. I didn't like either candidate (or were there 3?) so I didn't vote. That doesn't count today. After 2000, it's obvious every single vote counts toward something. Even though we may not know who will become the ruler of the most powerful nation in the world for days or weeks, that should not stop you from running to the closest school or firestation or library and making your voice heard.

I'll stop with the pitch.

I leave you with LMA doing her best Katharine Hepburn.




No comments: