3.1.11

Hello 2011


Donut Friday
Originally uploaded by xadrian.
A lot happened in 2010 that I'm very happy about. On average, the events of the past year were positive and productive. Each problem faced was met with acceptance and a desire to push forward. Each change greeted with optimism and excitement.

Personally I'm in a really good place, some thing I haven't felt in a while. Despite the rigors of separated parent scheduling, things are going quite smoothly and without incident. In fact, given the nature of the situation, I'm shocked more hasn't gone wrong.

There were downsides, however, from which there is no recovery. The loss of loved ones is neither easy nor simple. They leave behind memories and paperwork and property and it requires a great deal of effort and composure to wade through it all and get to a point where you can equalize.

There is a lot that will happen in 2011. Big things are planned and there are going to be more changes. Through it all I hope everyone in our family can meet the challenges head on and grow and learn from them while holding together as people who like and love each other.

I'm grateful for all the people I know that made it a wonderful year. I have no resolutions for 2011 because I don't believe I need a single day to jump start any change, and also because life will sort itself out the way it must. I'm looking forward to the next year and hope it's as exciting as the last.

Cheers!

1 comment:

RandiB said...

I like your optimism. Trying to figure out where all of mine went...